Mercedes begins 2022 with a bang by unveiling the Vision EQXX, its electric car concept car supposed to revolutionize green mobility with its unprecedented capacity for autonomy.
Breaking down technological barriers and take energy efficiency to new heights: Mercedes announces the colors by presenting its new concept of electrified vehicle: the Vision EQXX.
“The Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX is how we imagine the future of electric cars”, declared Ola Källenius, chairman of Daimler AG and Mercedes at the presentation of the car to review below. “Just a year and a half ago, we started this project which will result in the most efficient Mercedes-Benz ever built – with an energy consumption of less than 10 kWh per 100 kilometers. “
More than 1,000 km of autonomy
“It has a range of over 1,000 kilometers on a single charge, thanks to a battery that could even be integrated into a compact vehicle”, he reveals. “The Vision EQXX is an advanced car in many ways – and it even looks amazing and futuristic. With this, she underscores the direction our entire business is taking: We will build the most desirable electric cars in the world. “
As mentioned at the end of 2020 during its first teasing, this new concept car aims to boost the autonomy of electric vehicles of tomorrow not by means of heavier and cumbersome batteries, but by maximizing the efficiency of all of its components, from the kinematic chain to weight, including energy density and aerodynamics.
A touch of F1 and Formula E
“The program behind the Vision EQXX will define and make possible future models and features of Mercedes-Benz”, continues Markus Schäfer, responsible for development and supply.
“It firmly establishes Mercedes-Benz as the brand that combines luxury and technology in the automotive world and beyond. And the way we developed it is as revolutionary as the vehicle itself. The Vision EQXX saw the best minds from our R&D centers working together with engineers from our Formula 1 and Formula E programs. “
Designed in durable materials, the car has a cabin with a resolutely futuristic look (see slideshow), with its dashboard in the shape of adigital interface extended over the entire width of the vehicle.
Mercedes Vision EQXX: the concept car in figures
- Consumption: less than 10 kWh per 100 km
- Efficiency: 95% of electric power transmitted from the battery to the wheels
- Autonomy: more than 1000 km in a single charge
- Battery: 100 kWh of energy, 50% smaller and 30% lighter than the EQS pack
- Aerodynamics: drag coefficient of 0.173 cd
- Design: recycled and plant-based materials
- Powertrain: designed within the High Performance Powertrains (HPP) and Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix (MGP)
- Wheels: tires with very low rolling resistance, with optimized aerodynamic geometry, combined with magnesium wheels
- Brakes: aluminum discs
- Solar energy: roof panels supply the batteries for an additional range of 25 km.
Relive the official presentation of the Mercedes Vision EQXX below in video:
Read also :